1809 Hedge House

The 1809 Hedge House is one of Plymouth’s finest examples of Federal period architecture, featuring octagonal rooms in the main block and a rare intact carriage house. Built by shipowner William Hammatt, the house was originally located on Court Street, where Memorial Hall is today. In 1830 merchant Thomas Hedge purchased the house and added … Continue reading 1809 Hedge House