The 1809 Hedge House Museum is open for guided tours through the end of October. Step back in time when you enter this family home, one of Plymouth’s finest examples of Federal style architecture. Period rooms reveal the richness of 19th-century social and domestic life, with faithfully reproduced wallpaper and carpeting, China Trade treasures, American furnishings, paintings, and textiles. Learn more about the house here.
Visiting the Hedge House During COVID-19
Thank you in advance for your patience as we reopen safely. The Plymouth Antiquarian Society is committed to following all state, local, and CDC health and safety guidelines. The tour has been altered to maximize social distancing and will only take visitors through selected areas of the first floor. Each tour is limited to four guests in the same family or friend group. The tour will last 30-40 minutes. Enhanced cleaning and disinfectant measures are in place. Hand sanitizer will be available to visitors at the entrance to the house.
Advance tickets are required for all visitors. To book a tour online, click here.
Hours: Thursday – Sunday, 10 a.m. – 4 p.m., every hour on the hour (through October); all other times by appointment
Admission: $5 per adult, $3 per child
Tours are FREE for Plymouth Antiquarian Society members and Plymouth residents.
To schedule a free guided tour, call 508-746-0012 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you would like to request a tour on another day of the week, please call 508-746-0012 or email email@example.com.
By purchasing a ticket, you acknowledge your acceptance of the following regulations, which are designed to ensure the health and safety of all visitors and staff, as well as the preservation of our historic collections:
- Face coverings are required for all staff and visitors. Please wear a mask as soon as you get out of your car.
- Leave all large bags in your car or at home.
- Meet your guide at the front entrance to the house; tour will begin outside.
- Maintain at least six feet of distance from your guide at all times.
- Follow all instructions for entering and exiting each room.
- Do not touch anything inside of the house.
- Food and beverages are not permitted inside of the house.
- If you are feeling unwell, if you have a fever, or if you have been exposed to someone who tested positive for COVID-19, you must reschedule your tour.
- Visitors from out-of-state must comply with the Massachusetts travel order, effective August 1, 2020. Visitors and returning residents entering Massachusetts internationally or from high-risk states are required to quarantine for 14 days upon arrival or produce a negative COVID test.
The Plymouth Antiquarian Society reserves the right to eject any person who fails to comply with these tour guidelines. By purchasing a ticket, you agree that the Plymouth Antiquarian Society and its employees shall not be held responsible or liable for any injury, illness, loss, or damage resulting from your visit.